Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blood Money

Is it the Goblins or the Gnomes who really control the economy in Azeroth? And can an intrepid Blood Elf break this conspiracy of spending that so plagues the poor levelers to poverty and ruin?

To investigate, I made a new Blood Elf Hunter on Borean Tundra. I apologize to the rest of the Horde, but it's a girl, so at least you can treat your eyes.

I'm not going to buy ANYTHING from the Auction House for this toon until she hits the level cap. This is so I can get an idea of how much money can be saved through the leveling process, I'd be fun to do it naked (and even easier on the eyes), like that troll, but that's a different test, and it's been done.

She will only be outfitted with what can be self-gathered, self-crafted, and/or self-quested. I am taking Skinning and Leatherworking, so it will help, but NO purchases from the Auction House, only items sold by a vendor. I am going to PvP some, but that shouldn't directly impact the test since I don't intend to PvP enough to gather full sets of gear.

I am pairing her with a bank mule co-conspirator and I will be selling stuff on the Auction House that drops, but I'm only going to send the vendor amount back to her from the bank alt. Sorry, not going to gimp myself should some crazy blue drop make her rich, but I will delay the gratification until level cap.

So far she is level 12 and wearing a mix of grey and white items with one green, the Farstrider's Bow, which is a reward from the pet taming quests.

And to those who complain that a hunter is ez-mode for this test? I'm trying to determine how much can be made or saved, not how long I can take to do it. Each class should do approximately the same number of quests over the trip to level cap and/or kill an approximately similar number of mobs. Any deviations from this will be noted.

IA IA Yog Thulu

No comments:

Post a Comment